Sunday, September 19, 2010

Thankful

Today is my weekly count my blessing day.  Here are some things that make me extremely thankful.

I am thankful for my washer, dryer, and press iron.

    Where would I be without the ability to wash, dry, and press so simply?  Just imagine boiling the water, scrubbing on the board, and hanging out to dry all of our shirts, pants, skirts, napkins, tablecloths, towels, sheets, and assundries.  Starting the fire up, warming the iron, and starching out the clothes.  All, with children underfoot.  What amazing additions to life are my automated cleaning tools!



I am thankful for my husband.

     Husbands are such a precious gift. Once you have one, there are so many little conversations daily, so many tiny ways of serving and building up needed to maintain said husband.  There are times I have to look above the moment and remember all of my own flaws in order to redirect my perspective toward him.

     When I stop to consider this amazing love of a man, my husband, this sweet gift of a man, who loves me, who listens to me,  who comes home to me, who picks up our children and wrestles them, plays with them, teaches them to use power tools.  I am so very very thankful for him.

     Poor hubbie, he might have gotten my first fruits of thanks.  Somehow, his delicious presence in our home is one I often must stop and be thankful for, how can such beautiful people be overlooked so easily?

Thanks be to God he is my dear one.  He is here, despite all the ways I often don't add up a wife worthy of praise.  I am so very grateful for him!

Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. - 1 Chronicles 29:13

No comments: